HOSTESS GIFTS THAT GUARANTEE AN INVITE TO NEXT YEAR’S PARTY
Once Halloween is over my calendar starts filling up with holiday dinners, cocktail parties and lunches.
Every year I promise myself I am going to get ahead of the Host/Hostess gift game. Obviously I will always bring a bottle of wine (full disclosure my husband is a sommelier, so it is sort of expected) but during the holidays I feel a little extra is required.
Having been the hostess more times than I can count I started thinking about the best gifts I have received from my guests.
1) Potted plants are always super welcome, succulents are the plant du jour and this triptych from Amazon is easy to send ahead to your party. Yes, send ahead, so chic!
3) A few weeks ago I mentioned to my friend Chris that I saw that Frankie Spuntino (a cult favorite restaurant in Brooklyn) was now producing their own Frankies 457 extra virgin olive oil. She told me it was the best hostess gift she ever received. I’m going to order a few so I have plenty to pass out.
4) Were you asked to bring cheese? Why not make an entrance and present your cheese on this beautiful marble board!
5) How happy would you be if one of your besties showed up with this adorable Kate Spade New York One In A Million Initial Pendant Necklace ?
6) While we're talking monograms these glass tumblers are super glam from Anthropologie.
7) My friend Lisa is a celebrity makeup artist and she always surprises me with exactly what my skin needs at that moment. Last week she gifted me the brand new Skin Love Glow Elixir from Becca.
8) These pink faux fur slippers from H & M would make a memorable gift.
10) I know it sounds crazy but the scrunchie is officially making a comeback and this set of 3 are so cute in satin. Who wouldn’t love them?
11) Everyone loves a scented candle and you can’t go wrong with the classic Diptyque, a very luxe gift that will be much appreciated during the holidays.
12) The Cuyana travel makeup set is a two pack - so you can give one as a gift and keep one for yourself.
And finally, why not buy yourself a pair of glam slippers? These gold pom pom slides are the perfect shoes to wear when you are entertaining at home plus they have the seal of approval from the Duchess of Sussex. (She wore them on her most recent trip to New Zealand.)
The holidays can be stressful and sending a gift ahead may just be the answer to alleviate some of the pressure. I am quite sure any hostess would adore any of these items.